Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Things are not going too well....

I'm really down. I got to the gym one day the week we were sick... and with missing my RA shot the next week was a wash too. Right now we're doing tons of stuff before Gabby starts school next Tuesday and I basically have not made it to the Y in ages as a result.

Later today Ruthie has swim lessons so I'm going to at the very least ride a bike if my ankle is still hurting like it is now. I went on a new RA med that has caused gas and bloating and my tummy is all puffy. I know I've had a gain but I did not weigh because I know I've got bloating and weighing right now will depress me--cycle due to start any day now too. I do need to weigh Sunday though, because I need to know where I'm at.

This is the point in the process where I give up because I get discouraged about the whole weight loss process. I had lunch with a new friend yesterday who has lost 100lbs and it was a good kick in the butt. I'm still struggling to see myself as a "fit person" too. Back at it later today though... must do it!

1 comment:

CSK said...

I had an epitome about endurance recently. I had never considered myself one to be particularly strong, but I realized that I actually can endure and have in the past (such as childbirth when I was sure I couldn't go any longer). I can endure through this process like I endured through others in the past.

Just keep going, you CAN do it. Your willpower is the biggest part of the battle. Don't believe the devil's lie that you're too weak mentally to push through.

I was challenged by a verse in my devotions this week to keep persevering. I hope it can help you as well. :)

Jeremiah 12:5
If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and if in the land of peace, wherein thou trustedst, they wearied thee, then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?