Monday, August 23, 2010

Looking in the Mirror

I thought of something else that has change for me since the start of my journey back in April of this year. I didn't even think about it at the time. Be forewarned, this might make me sound vain.

I just left my room after getting dressed (got my post workout shower) and I put on a pair of shorts I got from a friend who has lost over 100 pounds and gone from a size 26 to a size 8 (I think. She might be smaller, maybe a 6?). I bought some of her plus size clothes one size down recently. There was a pair of shorts I've worn once before but they were a tiny bit uncomfortable, but wearable. I'm proud to say they are comfortable today! I put them on and looked in the mirror. Caught myself smiling. I enjoyed looking into the mirror because I can see my changing body, and I can see my progress right in front of me. I'm beyond proud right now. My stomach is flatter.

The other day I went to Hobby Lobby with Ruthie and she asked to go down the mirror aisle. This is normally an aisle I avoid at all costs, or, if I find myself there, I have to hold in the tears should I catch a glimpse of myself... especially from the side... as my waist even through the gain--from the front is slimmer than my hips. But turn me to the side and WOAH! Well, the other day I walked down the aisle proudly looking at my smaller, healthier figure.

No comments: