Monday, August 23, 2010

A plan for my workouts.

I have a plan for my workouts that will get me to the gym 4-5 days a week and work everything I need to work. I'll stick with it until I get bored, then I will hit up Joe the Y trainer for more ideas.

Monday/Wednesday--warmup on bike or treadmill, 10 minutes. Go through all upper body machines 2x, 10 reps each time. As the weight feels "easy" increase it by 5 and keep going w/ that until it gets easy them move up again. After the weight machines, elliptical or cross trainer for 20-30 minutes. I may throw in a walk on the treadmill after that as a cool down when my ankle allows.

Tuesday/Friday--same as Monday but throw in lower body machines instead of upper body machines.

Thursday will be my "day off" when there is a bible study I want to attend on a Thursday morning, or I will attend a class. I'm trying Zumba this week. If you haven't heard of it, google Zumba and check it out. I have seen it but can't give a good explanation. If I don't like Zumba and don't find any other classes, I will just do some cardio.

What helps me keep going is upbeat music and changing it up. Some days I listen to my workout list which is a Jock Jams CD or some fast Christian music. When I do a long time on the bike, I listen to a Beth Moore podcast. I listened to tobyMac today and it was awesome for keeping me going.

Now, I had thoughts of doing ALL the machines 3 days, or 2 days and only doing Cardio the other ones to make those days shorter but Joe recommended I do weights every day but alternate what I do. He said working with the weights increases your metabolism for 24-36 hours after because your body is rebuilding the muscle. Well, as a heavy chick, I'm going to test this out because it sounds fabulous!!

No comments: