Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stocked up on SBD foods....

I went to Aldi and stocked up on foods we can eat on SBD. So far I'm making up meal ideas in my head. Breakfasts for me will be eggs with cheese, possibly veggies or some bacon bits sprinkled on (very few, just enough for flavor). I'll do snacks of cheese sticks (darn, forgot to buy those. need to go to the store tomorrow), nuts, and veggies. Lunches will most likely be salads, whether chicken salad in a lettuce leaf, a regular salad with some kind of meat on top, or something salad. For dinners we have lean beef we can make, tilapia, chicken breasts... and I'm sure there's more in the freezer... I got fresh green beans to make this week too since we all love them. Sugar free popsicles will help us get a "fruit fix" since for the next two weeks we cannot do fruits. I got peanuts and pistachios for snacking. Pistachios are awesome because they take effort to eat and are super yummy... helps with the salty cravings I get. I'm sure I will have to run back to the store mid week to be sure we have enough to make it, but we should be pretty well set. Planning on a taco salad (no tortillas, just salad w/taco meat) too. We've got left over meatballs from meatball subs this weekend, so we'll do those with cheese on top (bread for the girls too) with salad or something. I can't let that go to waste, but we can watch how much sauce we get when we dish ours up and it will help.

Tomorrow is it! I'll post what we end up eating in case it helps anyone.

1 comment:

CSK said...

do they have store brand "redi-egg" type stuff? I love that for eggs in the morning. Pure protein, so saves some calories and cholesterol. Sadly the cheese adds a lot of calories too so I try to keep it to a minimum. Mushrooms give a lot of flavor and protein and other veggies taste good in with it too.