Saturday, July 24, 2010

YAY!!! My husband is on his way home!!

It's been a long two weeks. Charles was in KY for the last 2 weeks for the army. I'm so thankful he is coming home and so thankful it wasn't longer. I know I'm very fortunate that he has never done a long term deployment (he is in the army reserve). I did my workouts while he was gone but we always go out to eat *a lot* when he isn't here and I've pretty much done myself in when it comes to weight loss these last 2 weeks.

I got some more protein shake powder so I'm going to start drinking those in the mornings again. It's fast, filling, and helps me get my protein in so I am more satisfied and eat less overall. When I was most successful I was drinking one a day, I had more energy too. When I start a day with a ton of carbs like I've done the last 2 weeks I eat much much more because I'm not as satisfied. I also let regular soda creep back into my diet. That is a huge calorie waste!!! So that's going to go now again. I've seen yet again how it takes up all my calories and makes me eat over my limit, and then I do not lose weight. NOT WORTH IT!

Seeing myself get back into those habits is pretty depressing. I don't want to keep feeling bad and being unhealthy. I know if I do what I've always done, I will get what I've always gotten before. Time to be different.

No comments: