Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Having a hard time getting back on track...

Today we were gone all day and all evening. So, I did too much on the go eating. I plan to get veggies and keep them around cut up so they are easily grabbed and taken for snacks. That will help immensely. Also, I didn't get to the grocery store thanks to the tire mishap, so I was low on food good for lunches. So, poor planning and prep led to us eating at the Children's Hospital cafe. I figure if I can learn as much as I can from my mistakes it will ultimately help me to do better in the long term.

I haven't made it to the gym since Monday night!!!! GRRR.... I actually miss it and want to go... tomorrow night will have to do as I'm busy all morning and afternoon. If Charles went in later I could work out first thing, which would be awesome on busy days, but I can't. The Y opens at 5 and a lot of mornings he leaves at 5:30. No way to really get a good workout in and make it home in time to not break the law by leaving my nearly 7 and 3.5yo old daughters alone at home.

I can already see that once school starts I'll be much better able to get in a routine but that is not going to keep me from getting back to my MWF mornings next week.

I also learned in the last few days that I'm really falling short on protein... and when that happens the carbs creep back in. So, I'm going to be more intentional about making sure I get the protein in. Also water--with being on the go I had a mega diet dr pepper, and a mega diet mtn dew... and my ankles are puffy thanks to not enough water and too much saly from food on the go.

If I'm going to succeed I need to plan much better. I will. I am learning from these mistakes.

1 comment:

CSK said...

We've taken to using watered down Propel fitness water (packets you add to your own water) or the generic walmart version. Gives some flavor (which is my only motivation to drink anymore, since Boo) and doesn't add all the nasty carbonation, salt, aspartame, etc.