Monday, July 5, 2010

I'm about to tear up... somewhat emotional but in a good way!

First of all, I decided tonight it's time to work on doing the Elliptical. I've been working out enough that my endurance has gotten stronger so it was time to give it a go. When we first joined the Y in April, 5 minutes on that thing was too much.

I got on and gutted it out for 10 minutes, then did the weight machines. I went back and planned to do another 10, but made it 5 and almost quit. I pressed on another 3 and then stopped. I'm very very proud of myself for being able to do this!!!! I'm going to work up to 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer because it's an awesome calorie burn!

Also, here is the emotional part. I went out to sit at the table in the Y foyer because Charles went to get the girls from child care. As I sat down I noticed I was able to get into the chair easily. I stood up when we left and the chair didn't come with me. I'm crying now. These are things you take for granted until you are overweight, and depressed and down about yourself. It was amazing to me to already see a change like that in my body.

When I get this weight off, I'm going back to Silver Dollar City and I'm riding that ride I was too big for last summer. I WILL DO IT!!!

1 comment:

CSK said...

Awesome!!