Sunday, September 19, 2010

Spiritual type post...

I had intended to blog more about my spiritual growth but I've not been in a Bible study in a while (mine starts up 9/29 on Wed nights). I am loving the SS series on 1 and 2 Corinthians. Today was on forgiveness and as usual, the lesson has me thinking. I am in a situation where I feel I have forgiven but the circumstances dictate that I always be mindful of the offense. This is vague on purpose. I struggle with wondering if this is true forgiveness and the conclusions I have come to are these:

*I no longer harbor anger and bitterness towards the person who has offended me.
*I'm not uncomfortable being in the person's presence and having contact with the person.
*I don't wish the person ill will in any way.
*I don't constantly feel like I could throw up from anxiety regarding this person and situation.

Considering the situation is a sin, and a sin that hurt many people I feel like I am doing very well in regards to letting go. BUT... the circumstances dictate a forever watchful eye and caution. I feel like because this is not destroying me, and because I can honestly say I love and care for this person that I have let go... but it's a matter I keep in prayer about. If you read this, and don't "get it" that's alright... if you want to pray just pray for an unspoken need for my family. <3

I can honestly say God has taught me a lot about letting go and knowing He is God and He has EVERYTHING in His hands.

No comments: