Monday, September 20, 2010

Heading to bed but...

can't help but have a lot on my mind. My life has changed a lot this year. I'm not homeschooling and there is a whole group of people I no longer see that I really miss. At the same time, I'm meeting new folks at the Y, at Gabby's school, at church, etc... and that is good but I do really miss the folks I was closer to last year while homeschooling. Life seems to always be changing. I hope to someday see the folks I miss whether it be in Walmart in passing or whatever. I miss my old life in some ways but the new way of life has its benefits too. I don't think anyone knew how stressed out I was trying to deal with pain, limitations etc and homeschooling. Did I need to toughen up? Maybe. But I was so overweight and so unhealthy I was too bogged down to keep moving forward.

We are a month into school and Gabby is doing fabulously. I'm hoping to arrange some playtimes with the girls she plays with the most at school so she can get to know them better and I can meet the moms. Gabby is getting an S (satisfactory, = a A or B) in everything but spelling. She's 2% pts away from a S in spelling because she had a rough time the first test. She's been getting 9 our of 10 the last few weeks so that should be fine at the quarter. She leaves my car and runs for the building... turning around to blow me and her sister kisses on her way into the building. She knows many of the teachers and staff and when we pick her up she happily tells them bye and hugs the ones special to her.

She has grown a lot which is something I was hoping to see come from this, but I have grown and learned too. I've learned I'm worth saving. I'm worth getting healthy. I deserve to feel good and look nice. I don't need to be a certain size, but I do need to feel better about myself and to feel better physically. I sit and ponder the shape I was in last winter and spring and I'm amazed at how far I've come. I love my Y time. I'm loving my bike rides. I'm enjoying the kiddos more now. I am keeping up with them better now.

I feel like I've been given a great gift to get my life back and make it better than it ever was. I'm grateful.

No comments: