Friday, June 3, 2011

Ch-ch-changes...

I'm feeling a bit silly I guess, hence the title.

A year ago, April 2010, we went to a homeschool convention in Cincy, OH. I was 50lbs heavier (I am officially down 50lbs since April 2010). I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, but... still... I should not have been hurting as much as I was trying to walk around the convention. I remember taking ibuprofen every 6 hours as well as Vicodin. No worries, I'm not addicted... but when you are in so much pain you CRY--literally--well, what are you going to do? Even the ibuprofen and Vicodin didn't keep the pain at bay.

Fast forward to Memorial Day Weekend 2011. We went to Chicago to see my husband's younger sis and her family. I did have pain--just the nature of the beast with having so much joint damage--but I did VERY well. I walked around the Morton Arboretum for about 3 hours (with a few stops), the Kohl Children's museum for about 2 hours (but lots of sitting), Ikea, and the Lincoln Park Zoo... in the rain...

A year ago, for one, I couldn't have managed this walking. But if I HAD done it, I would be laid up the next day most of the day. This time, I could do the walking, and then still get up and go the next day. I would be sore and stiff in the evenings, but not in NEAR as much pain as before.

I am hoping someone reads this who needs encouragement, cause it sure encourages me to keep going because if I feel this much better still being about 60-70 pounds over weight (my goal is 50 more off... who cares about ideal weights?) I will feel even more awesome the more I get off.

I still have limitations, but I can honestly say I feel like I am living life for real again. I must always remember this.

1 comment:

holynickel said...

Awesome!!! You are doing soo great!! keep on tracking!!!